More and more men are now pursuing healthier, younger looking skin, making it a great time to evaluate their skin care routine and how to take care of their skin.
First and most important men must understand their skin type:
- Sensitive Skin: May sting or burn after product use
- Normal Skin: Clear and not sensitive
- Dry Skin: Flaky, itchy and rough
- Oily Skin: Shiny and greasy
- Combination skin: Dry in some areas and oily in others
To help men choose the correct skin care we will make the following recommendations:
- Consider product labels and ingredients: The skincare products you choose will depend on your skin type. If you have acne-prone skin look for cleansers and moisturizers that says “oil-free” or “non-comedogenic” as these won’t clog your pores. If you have sensitive skin use mild “fragrance free” products as products containing fragrances can leave the skin feeling irritated and dry.
- Use a Toner. A toner will help to clear away oil and dead skin cells to maximize the penetration of your serums and hydrators.
- Wash your face daily and after exercise. Use a soap free cleanser because it will still foam but not dry out your skin as regular soaps. Wash your face with lukewarm water and not hot water.
- Exfoliate regularly to improve skin texture and prevent ingrown hair on the face and neck area.
- Watch your shaving technique. Some use multi blade razors others prefer electrical shavers. Before you shave, wet the skin and hair because this will soften it.
- Moisturize daily. Moisture will help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and make your skin look brighter and younger.
- Use an eye cream. Regular application can help reduce puffiness and fine lines and improve overall hydration of the eye area.
- Check skin regularly for new spots or moles that itch or bleed or change in color. If you notice any suspicious spots, make an appointment at your dermatologist.
- Wear sunscreen daily. This will help prevent premature ageing and sun damage. For the best protection make sure you use a broad-spectrum spf.
Skin Deep’s best seller products for male skin:
Shop ZO Skin Health Daily Power Defense
Shop ZO Skin Health Rozatrol
Shop Lamelle Nourish Revitalise Lite
Shop Lamelle Ha Serum
Shop Mesoestetic Couperend Cream
Shop Mesoestetic Fast Skin Repair
Shop Nassif MD Hydro gel serum
Shop Nassif MD Hydro screen serum
Every man’s skin is different and there is no one size fits all. If you are uncertain of your skin type consult your Professional Skin Therapist for the best product and treatment options for your skin.
“Real men take care of their skin”
Skin Deep SA